Video poker is a simple game that uses a machine instead of a table to carry the game of poker. Poker is a straight forward game that allows players to bet on the cards they have in relation to the cards that are revealed on the table. However, video poker only requires you to spin the reel with a button or lever. There is nothing else to do in video poker, but the players like to explore their options to win the games. It is important for one to learn the basic rules of any casino game before playing the game. Playing a game without knowing the game rules is equivalent to making unreasonable bets that can result in higher losses.
The basic rules of video poker include
- Pick the denomination of the game that you want to play by picking up the denomination on the table.
- Pick the game that you want to play if the machine offers multiple games on the video screen.
- Once your denomination and game are set, start the game by hitting the “Play max credit” button.
- Select the cards you want to hold/cancel by touching the card on the video.
- To cancel the hold, touch the button under the card and touch the card one more time.
- Press the “deal/draw” button to save your selected cards and replace the remaining cards with new cards.
- If your game asks you to double up on a win, you can either double up or take away the money you already have.
When you know these basic rules, you can play the game while managing your money. Learning the layout and importance of the paytable is also important. Different video poker machines can have different house edges that will increase or decrease your chances of winning.
How to play
When you visit a real casino, you need to go into the gaming machine aisle to find a video poker machine. When you find a video poker machine, here is how you can start playing the game. Make sure to learn the rules and basic terms of the game before you start playing.
Video poker is relatively a straightforward game as compared to real poker games. When you at a video poker machine, you can maximize your bets and set a limit before hitting the spin button. You cannot do much other than waiting for the outcome and choose from the options available.
You may also get different video poker games in a single video poker machine. After you select the type of video poker, you can choose from the available denominations. You will return to the main menu whenever you want and switch the games.
Today’s video poker machines may also have touch screen functionality, but the game mechanics will be the same. Additional buttons can make the game faster. Players still prefer the machines with buttons and levers as they make the games a little more interesting and fun to play.